Halva-inspired healthy oat bars recipe
So, I know I say that I made the best thing literally every time I cook. But this is definitely one of the best recipes I have come up with.
My inspiration for these bars was the beloved by most people oriental and exotic dessert called halva. But as most desserts, it is not exactly the healthiest thing. And if you love halva, you will love these bars too. They are easy, healthy and have only 5 essentials ingredients. You don’t have to bake them and you can seriously mistaken them for a bad sugary dessert but it’s not!
Healthy "halva" oat bars
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- pinch pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Put your oats, almond meal, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon into a blender or food processors. Process until they make a fine flour.
- Put the mixture into a big bowl and add your sunflower butter and honey. If your honey is not runny, you might need to melt it so that it's easily incorporated.
- Line a small baking tray with some parchment paper and spread out the mixture until it's flat and firm.
- I topped my bars with some more honey and sesame seeds but pistachios would be amazing as well!
- For best taste keep in the fridge and enjoy!