The best avocado toast recipe
Avocado toast is one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast. I have it about twice a week and I feel like I can never get sick of it. Avocados are delicious and very beneficial for your health. They are a great source of healthy fats. They keep your skin and hair healthy, provide vitamins and fiber and help normalize blood sugar. Combine this with good whole grain bread and a free range egg and you got yourself the perfect meal!
You need a ripe avocado for the best taste and if you have that you can’t go wrong. But this is how I love my avocado the most and there is an unexpected ingredient that makes all the difference!
The best avocado toast
- 2 pieces bread You can use your favorite bread but I recommend whole grain or rye bread.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sesame tahini
- pink himalayan salt
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- Toast your bread. The crunchy bread goes great with the soft mashed avocado.
- Mash your avocado with a fork and add salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Grease your pan and put it over medium heat. Crack your egg and fry it. Cover with a lid so that the yolk can get cooked as well but remove from heat after 3-4 minutes if you like it runny. If you prefer it well cooked, wait until the yolk becomes lighter or 2-3 minutes more.
- Spread your mashed avocado onto your bread.
- Now comes my secret ingredient that gives the best taste - sesame tahini. Put it on the mashed avocado, you won't regret it! It gives it a slightly nutty and bitter flavor and takes your toast to the next level.
- Finally, put your sunny side up fried egg on top and sprinkle some smoked paprika and some more salt.
- Eat right away!